The state of Kansas needs money. You and thousands more of our customers want the option to buy legal, adult beverages in grocery stores. So ... we have a plan that accomplishes both! Under the Uncork Kansas Free Market Budget Bailout, a one-time licensing fee per store would be paid by grocery stores to the State of Kansas for the opportunity to sell beer, wine, and spirits. An additional $6.5 million would be generated annually through the annual licensing fee.
Here are some of the details:
- Generates approximately $40 million dollars the state can use in FY 2017 through the one-time sale of adult beverage licenses to grocery stores
- Provides an additional $6.5 million annually for Kansas through the annual renewal fee
- Creates JOBS in existing businesses and jobs related to in-store renovations and new construction
- Doesn't raise taxes on businesses or individuals, or reduce services or cut program funding
- Generates an additional $72.5 million in state and local taxes and helps reduce border leakage
- Allows the smallest Kansas grocery stores to offer beer, wine, and spirits with minimal license fee investment